Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Does your husband make less money than you?

Does your husband or boyfriend make less money than you?


How do you feel about that? Do you wish your husband made more money? I've been with my boyfriend for over 8 years and we love each other dearly. I am graduating law school next week and I have a job that will pay over 100K/year. My boyfriend on the other hand didn't complete college, and he makes about 30K right now. He is planning on finishing college in the next 2-3 years and wants to find something that he truly loves doing, regardless of how much he will get paid.


We talk about marriage all the time, and me being the a very realistic person we talk about some ';real'; problems that we could face when we get married, such as money, kids, and how we will resolve conflicts when we face them in the future. As for me, I plan to work less once I have kids and hope to spend more time at home, but he doesn't sound like he is willing to get a better job to make up the difference when that happens. Do you think this could work?Does your husband make less money than you?
...he does but we aren't complaining, we have what we want.


thanks for asking...


yNOT?Does your husband make less money than you?
I used to make more then my husband but I gave up my job completely to stay home with our 4 kids. the only advice I could give is make sure you have money saved up b4 you have kids if he doesn't have a much better paying job. but remember money isn't everything. my husband doesn't make much (navy) but we still found a way for me to quit. just dont get too adjusted to a lavish lifestyle. kids are much more rewarding.
I think the bigger problem here maybe the two of you not having a shared dream or a common drive to achieve it. He sounds unmotivated and quite immature. You, on the other hand sound mature and ambitious. he's going to drag you down with him if you aren't careful. it will be hard for you to respect him if this happens because you have a vision of what you'd like your life to be like and he will get in the way.





After 8 years, I'd say he isn't really too ambitious about marriage either, would you?
My husband makes double my salary. If he made less than me, I would love him just as much. However, if he wasn't motivated, that is another thing. It sounds as though you need to sit down with your boyfriend and ask him WHY he isn't willing to get a better job.
To be honest, try to hold off of the kids and marriage until he does complete college.. if you are working less then you will not be making 100k a year.. let him finish his college so you both are on the same page
It doesn't look like he is going marry anyway, so you have nothing to worry about.
It sounds like your personalities sharply conflict with each other (You're ambitious, he doesn't give a crap about where he is in life). How did you even manage to stay together? I can't even respect someone who doesn't have a personal goal, and isn't spending at least half of his time every day towards achieving that goal.





It sounds like you're setting yourself up for serious marital problems later in life.
  • internet security 2006
  • Electric Bicycle
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment