Friday, August 20, 2010

After how long of dating should your boyfriend ask you to marry him?

and after how long should you get worried when he doesnt pop the question?i've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we've been living together for most of those 3 years.Yes we've had our ups and downs but we always solve pur problems and to tell you the truth eveytime we have a fight(not physical) after we make up our love for each other grows even more.I'm 23yrs and just finished college and he is 30 years and is a doctor.I've got no doubt that he is the one i went to spent the rest of my life with.I've had more than my share of fun and i've dated quite a few guys before i met him so i know i'm ready for the marriage.After how long of dating should your boyfriend ask you to marry him?
You need to talk to him... casually bring it up... It may be that he just isnt ready, or he's afraid of rejection. He may be worried that you arent ready. So you need to make sure that he knows where you stand...





He will ask when he is ready.... and there isnt a way to speed that up...





And for the record, it is okay for a girl to ask her boyfriend... the guy doesnt always have to take the plunge firstAfter how long of dating should your boyfriend ask you to marry him?
i met my wife one day, proposed the next and we were married a month later.So the answer is, ther is no specific time. It is whenever he is sure that you are the one.Incidentally, we have been married 48 years . So Good Luck.
Have you guys even previously discussed marriage? If not, perhaps you should to make sure you are even on the same page. You've been living together since the beginning of the relationship? I can't see how that's a good thing. I was with my ex (boyfriend) for 10 1/2 years and we were never even engaged. My fiance and I just got engaged after 15 months of dating (we were together nearly 10 months before moving in together). And honestly, I think while your boyfriend may not be, you are likely too young yet.
I'd say where you've just finished college, you guys are in a position to talk about it. I'm sure he's wanted you to finish your education before bringing it up, and guys do tend to get comfortable in their relationships. You need to find out how HE feels about marriage, just because you're ready doesn't mean he is, especially if he's still in a residency program, he may be waiting until he's got a more steady (and less stressful) job before taking the next step in your relationship.


Talk with him, and get his thoughts.
Usually a mature couple knows after two or three years of seriously dating.


However, since you're shacking up, he's probably quite comfortable with things as they are...
With your ages and length of your relationship, I would say that you are at the time when its acceptable to consider marriage. You should talk to him and get his thoughts on the subject and tell him yours. Its time to be honest with him though, I wouldnt recommned beating around the bush, most men cant take hints very well and if you try to be coy I think you may wind up being disappointed.





Good luck!
You have already asked this question. It is a violation to ask more than once.
I asked my boyfriend to marry me after a year of living together. If you're ready for marriage, ask him. Of course, don't pressure him to marry you, but there's nothing wrong with asking!





Men and women who say that women shouldn't ask because that puts pressure on men are so stupid! What do they think that men asking women doesn't put pressure on women? Traditionally, maybe not because women needed marriage to survive. These days?? Definite pressure. I think that's why there are so many divorces. Women are still expected to throw away all thought for a romantic idea. It's very intelligent of you to be thinking about marriage realistically because it's not all romance.





Talk to your boyfriend openly, honestly and realistically about marriage and see what he says.
If you haven't discussed marriage before, he may not even be considering it as an option. Most guys prefer ';living with'; a woman rather than getting married, if they can get away with it. In my opinion, he should have already proposed. Most of the time when a guy proposes way too soon (under a year), he's a controlling jerk who is an abuser. So, it's good you're over the ';I have to propose fast before I hit her'; time limit. But anything over 2 years living together is too long.





Has he mentioned marriage at all? If he hasn't, then chances are he's not after marriage with you. Guys don't like their gals to sit them down and say, ';We need to talk.'; So, whatever you say, don't say that! And they also get scared when you say, ';Honey, I've been thinking...'; You'll have to be creative to get him to talk about your relationship. Relationships are a female thing. Every guy I know would love to be in the position your man is in now.





The sites below offer information about marriage and what you can do to bring it up. Most guys run when a woman brings it up, so be careful.





Good luck.
it all depends on him. you should try talking to him, he may not want to be married. some men have problems with making a commitment like that even if they are in a serious relationship. just sit down with him one of these nights and calmly explain to him that you would like to get married soon, or at least think about getting married. fing out how he feels.
This is a case of classic ';Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?';. It wasn't very long after I moved in with my boyfriend that the little ';I love you'; text messages and ';When we get married...'; talks went right out the window. Of course, there's the occasional reassurance that he does plan on marrying me one day. But, like you, I find myself wondering just when that day will be!


The one thing I have learned is to not pressure him about it. Just about ALL guys are immediately turned off by the thought of marriage because they have so many people breathing down their necks about it. For example, when some friends of ours got married back in April, the mother of the groom simply refused to leave my boyfriend alone with ';When are you two going to tie the knot?'; questions. Although he considers the groom and his mother a couple of his best friends, he finally walked away and avoided her after the millionth time she asked. Just be patient and bring up the subject every once in a while. And when I say ';every once in a while';, I mean MAYBE once a month.
I'm sure you already know that you would have been engaged a long time ago if you hadn't moved in with him. The only way to force the issue is to tell him that you will be moving out soon if he doesn't want to marry you. He will either get a wake-up call or let you go.
It depends on a lot of factors. You should let your boyfriend know how you feel about this. If you have not talked about it, he may not know how you feel.
Hello there!





I would say after you have had some rough experiences and survived with nothing but love to fall back on but from what you have said, you seem to have been dating long enough to know each other so I believe you two should be ready! Good luck!
Mine asked after 6 months. After three years of dating you should know where his head is on the issue, if you don't ask. You need to discuss your future, don't pop off with ';so when are we getting married'; but make sure you open a line of communication about where you are headed, make sure he is the kind of man who wants marriage.
It is perfectly acceptable for you to ask him to marry you, in fact I think you should have by now. If he starts giving you excuses then you may want to reconsider the amount of time you spend with him and move out. It may be that he has already accepted that the two of you will marry eventually. Maybe he thinks he has to offer the perfect engagement (like those wedding tv shows would have him believe). You don't know until you ask. But don't wait for him forever, if he won't give you what you want then you need to move on to someone who will.

No comments:

Post a Comment